My not so little baby was four months old last week. I absolutely love newborns and enjoyed every minute of those first few weeks with Andrew. But I'm finding that every stage is more fun than the last! Andrew is smiling and giggling all the time now. It's so fun to watch him play and hold on to his toys. He is really strong (I'm not just bragging, his doctor said so too) and loves to stand in his jumper and play. He has discovered how much fun kicking his legs can be, especially when he's in the bathtub!
November is National Adoption Month, something I can't say I even knew in past years. It's funny how once we decided to adopt, it seemed like adoption related stories, activities, families, etc appeared all around us! Since we've adopted Andrew, I've heard from many families who've been considering it themselves. It's a huge decision and not one that is made quickly or without a lot of prayer. There are many reasons that can hold families back and I think fear is at the root of most those reasons. Fear of how to finance the adoption, fear of loving a child that isn't biologically yours, fear of sharing a child with their birth parents, fear of not being chosen by a birth family, fear of change, fear of being inadequate and the list could go on. I had many of these fears at some point in our adoption process.
And then I look at this face...
...and I'm so thankful that I did not let fear hold me back from adopting. If adoption is something you've thought about, I encourage you to let go of any fears that are holding you back. The adoption journey can be a long, scary and sometimes painful process. But just look at the reward that could be waiting for you. It's definitely worth the journey.
Heather
No comments:
Post a Comment