Sunday, July 15, 2012

baby news!

We're extremely excited to share that ANDREW PAUL BUYS will be coming home tomorrow! He was born Tuesday morning in Sioux Falls weighing 9 pounds. We haven't seen him yet but are told that he has lots of dark hair, blue eyes and chubby cheeks. He also is not sleeping a lot but is a snuggly baby!


We have had quite the hectic, anxious week! We got a call Tuesday afternoon saying there was a baby in another state due in September and they asked if they could send our profile. Of course we said yes, and then starting thinking that we could have a baby in only 6 weeks! I was looking up baby stuff on the Target website that night when we got another call that a baby had been born that morning in Sioux Falls and that the family was considering us. They had liked our profile book and wanted to meet us.


This couple had not worked with Bethany before, so the social worker didn't want to rush anything. She met with them several times throughout the week and then a meeting was set for today (Sunday) for us and the birthparents. We met with them this afternoon and they were an amazing couple! Our social worker said that if you could script the perfect birth family, this would be it. They were a younger couple in a good relationship, just not ready to parent. They were kind, considerate, thoughtful people. We had lots in common with each other and it was a very easy conversation. We left Bethany while they stayed to continue talking with the social worker. We got a call about 30 minutes later that it was official and they wanted us to parent their baby! He has been in foster care for the last 3 days, so we will get to pick him up tomorrow at 10:00. We have a placement ceremony with our social workers and the foster family at Bethany.


I have gotten more done in the last 5 days than I have in months! I've already made two trips to Target and two to Kohls to get things we think we might need right away. We've cleaned the entire house, top to bottom, including the garage! I thought we should get some sleep in while we can, but that just has not happened! It's been an exhausting week, both physically and emotionally, but I'm guessing that's just a glimpse of what the weeks to come will look like!


Thanks for all our prayers and words of encouragement throughout our adoption journey! I'm excited to share more with you in the days to come!

Heather and Nate

4 comments:

  1. Smiling from ear to ear in Nicaragua. I am soooo excited for you guys! Can't wait to meet Andrew at Christmastime.

    Garage cleaning Heather?!?! Come on! Rest up girl! (I am only saying this because I would probably be doing the same)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing news! I found your blog a while ago and am so excited for u guys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited to meet my new nephew!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are so incredibly happy for you guys! Let us know if you need anything...food, toys, diapers :)

    ReplyDelete