We have had Andrew for one week already and it is amazing how much our lives have changed! I am a fairly active person and love to keep lists of everything I need to get done in a day. My lists usually include doing things such as grocery shopping, menu planning, going to the gym, working on current projects, doing laundry, etc. Last weekend with the news of Andrew coming, I had six different lists going at the same time!
Today my list looks like this:
1. Feed and change Andrew
2. Take a nap with Andrew
3. Shower
4. Repeat 1 and 2 several times.
I love it! I really am amazed at how little I am able to accomplish in a day! For a "cross it off the list" girl like me, this has been an adjustment. But as I'm typing this with a sleeping baby laying on my chest, I think I can get used to it:) It's funny how excited we get about dirty diapers and Andrew drinking 4 ounces in one feeding. Instead of watching tv, we now just sit and watch Andrew. Oh how things have changed!
Andrew has been doing wonderfully. He eats so noisily and so urgently, it's as though he hasn't eaten for days. It really is adorable to listen to. He spends a couple hours awake each day, usually laying by one of us. He really hasn't enjoyed sleeping in his bassinet, but I can't really blame him when he's used to being held almost the entire day! And really, that's pretty much how most of our days look. Eat, sleep and then do it all over again. This is the life:)
Heather
How Fun! Enjoy it all!
ReplyDeleteSO precious :) It is amazing how his expressions change his appearance so much. Still adorable!! So glad you are treasuring these moments, love it!
ReplyDelete