Tuesday, February 25, 2014

halfway!

We had our second home study visit today and it went great. We have a standing Tuesday afternoon appointment with our social worker for four weeks. It feels much different the second time around. During our first home study two years ago, I cleaned my house from top to bottom, even organizing my closets! I was so nervous about her coming and so relieved after each visit was done. 
This time, I realized a few hours before she was coming that my house was a mess. I shoved all the toys out of sight and cleaned just the areas that can be seen from my living room. It felt very familiar and comfortable! So far we've discussed this such as open adoptions, our parenting styles, relationships within our families, expectations...pretty easy! We did talk about the fact that our first adoption went so smoothly and quickly that we might have unrealistic expectations the second time. We are both being realistic about the fact that we might wait much longer this time. 

We have two more visits before our home study is complete. The next step is to complete our adoption profile book, which is shown to expectant parents considering adoption. And from there we just wait! 

In the meantime we are loving life with Andrew. He continues to have such a fun little personality. One of his daycare friends has shown him just how much fun playing on the steps can be- sliding down headfirst and jumping down all the steps are his favorites. I've had several near heart attacks but he thinks it's hilarious. I don't even have pictures to show you because I'm too busy making sure he doesn't break his neck!

Here is a picture of him with two of his favorite daycare friends. On the days they don't come, he stands at the top of the steps saying their names!
And here is Nate and Andrew watching a wrestling meet online. Although you can't tell, Andrew is wearing a diaper!
We are very much looking forward to warmer weather and playing outside! Stay warm:)
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment