Tuesday, February 4, 2014

adoption update

This update is long over-due but I have spent every spare minute working on our fundraisers! We had two trunk shows for the Noonday Collection, which works on keeping women out of poverty. If you haven't already checked it out, their website is www.noondaycollection.com. It is a very inspiring organization. We will be having one more trunk show in Prinsburg, MN on February 27th so if you are in the area, be sure to check it out!

I briefly mentioned Mindy (Nate's sister) and the fundraiser she was organizing on Facebook. If you belong to FB, you no doubt saw the group! It was way bigger than we had imagined and to say it was successful is an understatement. We had tons of items donated, tons of sales and were blessed in so many ways. I had been sewing diaper clutches and burp cloths for craft shows last fall and made as much as I could for the sale. I'm working on making my own Facebook page, so I will be able to take orders if there's something you'd like to order. 

We handed in our paperwork on Tuesday and our next step is our homestudy. Thanks to all of our incredible friends, families and even generous strangers, we will be able to make our homestudy payment and set up the dates soon! This will include 4 visits, which is more than I remember from last time. We will continue to keep you updated when that starts happening.

And a few pictures from the last few weeks...






 What a helper huh?

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment