Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Thank-you!

This is the thank-you that I posted on our Facebook fundraiser page, but I just want to make sure those who supported us any other way are thanked as well!

I have not written a thank-you until now, because I do not have the words that can properly express our gratitude to the so many people that contributed to our fundraiser. What is particularly humbling is that I do not even KNOW many of the people who have helped us on this journey. The fundraiser was started and organized by Nate’s sister, Mindy, but she recruited a lot of help along the way. I don’t want to start naming names because I will miss so many people. Nate’s sisters did so much work with accepting donations, organizing, photographing, more organizing, shipping, and sending invoices. Everything ran so smoothly thanks to all of their hard work.


The original plan was for a few of us family members to sew some items and sell them on Facebook. When Mindy sent out a request asking for people to donate unused fabric scraps, we were overwhelmed with the amount of people asking if they could donate items for the sale. And it seemed as though the generosity never ended! There are so many people who donated items to sell, donated their time, donated envelopes, and donated money. And as if that weren’t enough, we had an incredible amount of people who bought all this stuff!

The amount raised by this fundraiser so far is over $4000, something none of us would have dreamed when this was started. This will enable us to make the payment to be able to start our home-study and then to make another partial payment once the home-study is complete. We are so thankful to be able to continue this adoption process, as it brings us one step closer to meeting our next baby. We have a ways to go in terms of raising the money to finish the process, but this experience has reminded us once again that God will provide.
To each and every one of you who donated in any way to our adoption costs, THANK YOU. You might think your $20 purchase wasn’t much, but please know that to us it means SO much. You are helping us bring a baby home! It’s not every day that a $20 purchase brings a family that much closer to welcoming home another child. We may never meet many of you, but you will always have a special place in our hearts for what you have done for our family.

You may have seen this picture before; I found it on Pinterest. But it captures everything I cannot say.




Thank-you for bringing us one step closer to this moment. We are forever blessed because of your generosity.
"All I have needed, thy hand hath provided. Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord unto me".

Nate, Heather and Andrew Buys
 


No comments:

Post a Comment