Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Kitchen Cupboard Makeover!

I know I started this blog to keep you updated on our adoption, but now you get to see some of the stuff we do when we're not filling out paperwork!

I have been wanting to buy new cupboard handles ever since we moved into our house, but I just couldn't spend the money on it. I can't even tell you how many times I've looked at cupboard handles in Menards and wished I could buy them! Well, I recently discovered the magic of spray paint! It started with a post on Pinterest about spray painting door knobs. We bought some oil rubbed bronze spray paint and gladly painted our tarnished gold knobs. They looked so beautiful and I had TWO cans of spray paint leftover, so why not do the kitchen cupboards too?? We took off all the handles and then I decided we really should do the hinges too. It was slightly more work than I realized, although Nate did try to warn me. I guess he was right, but who's counting? The handles painted very nicely and were fairly easy to do. The hinges were a slight headache, because the paint kept peeling every time I opened the hinge. They're not perfect, but much better than they were before! Several cans of paint later, we're done!

Close up of handles before spray paint.



Kitchen Before


Finished!

My new handles!
I'm very happy with how it turned out. Especially since we saved a ton of money by not buying brand new hardware. I'm very thankful for spray paint and a very handy husband!

I've been working on several projects over the long weekend, so check back later for more pictures. The nursery is painted, but I need to clean it up before I take pictures!

Heather

2 comments:

  1. Nice work! It is amazing what a difference the hardware makes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks Great, Heather! Proud of you! Love that little projects make SUCH a difference. and I love picturing you swooning after those new ones at Menards.. ha! Who needs 'em! :) Keep the pics coming! - Chelsea

    ReplyDelete