Do you feel like you've checked this blog several times and never hear anything? That's how we feel every day! The silence sucks!
Waiting is so hard. I've never considered myself a patient person, and this adoption isn't improving that quality at all! I think about life and our society, and we really have learned not to wait for anything. I've gotten irritated waiting in the drive-through at Culver's because I waited more than 5 minutes...it's fast food! We all grumble when we see long lines at Target and so many closed check-out lanes...open more lanes so I don't have to wait! When you go to a restaurant on a weekend, you first have to find out how long the wait is before you know that you will for sure eat there. Can you imagine if you went to Olive Garden on a Friday night and they told you "Yes, we would love to serve you sometime tonight...not sure when, but you will get to eat". You would never stay and eat there!
So yes, we aren't good at waiting. But we especially aren't good at waiting for something that we don't know the timing of. Do you ever order things on-line and then you can't wait for your package to arrive? You get an email with the handy "Track your package" button? It connects you to the UPS or FedEx and I can see exactly where my package is and exactly what day it will be delivered. I can even see when it's in Sioux Falls so I know to look for it on my porch! I need a "track your package" button for our baby! Wouldn't it be awesome if you could just log on and see "your baby is now in Minneapolis and will arrive in Sioux Falls on May 15th". How handy!
Obviously God has some lessons he's teaching me! It really is hard to wait, but we do know that His timing is everything. We'll make sure to let you know when we finally hear something!
God bless!
Heather
Hey guys, praying for patience and that your "package" arrives safely and at the right (God's) time.
ReplyDelete