Thanks to the wonderful world of Pinterest, we have updated our back deck!
My wonderful husband helped me turn these pallets...
...into this pallet table!
We had a patio set before, but I just wanted something more updated, plus this project was cheap and very easy! Before you go getting too impressed, we did buy the chairs from Target. Just because I was having fun with my camera, here's a before and after of our deck...
I also made a cute little lantern out of an old candle jar, spray paint and a solar light...
This was another idea from Pinterest, but they used a jar from IKEA. I had a similar jar, but it was bigger than I wanted. Nate had the genius idea of using an old Yankee candle jar! I married him for more than his good looks! All I had to do was clean the wax out of the candle, spray paint it with frosted spray paint, and super glue the solar light bulb thing onto the lid of the candle! And it looks like this...
If you're not already on Pinterest, don't wait any longer! So many fun projects are waiting for you:)
Heather
I am impressed!! I am on Pinterest and I never get any projects done. I may try the cool lights, but maybe I will attempt to hang them up around my back deck. Thanks for the inspiration:)
ReplyDeleteSuper like! I hope mine turns out that well. I am really doubting the multi-colored chairs after seeing your all-green scheme (yes, they are the same chairs). Looks great!
ReplyDeleteLove, Love the project!!! Nicely done! I also "Love, Love" Pinterest! Man... if there were a Hobby Lobby around us I'd be there! :) However, I've been settling for Michaels. I've had a couple projects be a bust - bummer, so I'm taking it easy on the 'DIY' pins for a while -- but soooo many fun ideas!
ReplyDeleteThanks for your updates - I liked your one on waiting.. haha.. Good old Heather. You're so honest and reflective. I love it.
Nice to know that God's got it ALLLL figured out. :)
Love ya!
Chels
PS - congrats on the run!!