Sunday, May 13, 2012
we did it!
Mid-February, my sister-in-law Angie and I started talking about running a 10k (6.2 miles). After many weeks of practicing and some pre-race hesitations, we finished the race! It was a beautiful Saturday morning and there were over 6200 people participating in the Avera Race against Breast Cancer.
Nate watched from the end of our street and took a few pictures. This is us just after mile one, which is why we're still smiling! At about mile 5, I was telling myself to enjoy this race, because it was the last one I was ever going to do. However, after some water and rest, I think I might just keep running!
Heather
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
way to go girl. proud of you!!
ReplyDelete...and keep it up...
Awesome job, Heather & Angie. You both look great:)
ReplyDeleteWooHoo! So awesome--you look very cool in front of mr. runner dude :) Way to go!
ReplyDelete